March 1 to 10, 2013
Vale do capao – Bahia – Brazil
With Beta Lisboa and Fabiane Prem
“You cannot transmit wisdom and insight to another person. The seed is already there. A good teacher touches the seed, allowing it to wake up, to sprout, and to grow.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
The 95 hours, Yoga Alliance Certificate training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogin parents to skillfully teach children from aged 2 to 15 years old. Based in the Multiple Intelligences theory of Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori, you will experience the multiple unique ways that a child can learn in a fun and playful way. You will learn to uses props, storytelling, music, art and age-appropriate themes. You will learn how to teach with confidence and creativity while cultivating patience and acceptance needed to support a fair and non-competitive environment. The teaching skills you learn throughout the course of the training are specific to teaching yoga to children and teenagers, they are tried and tested methods that will empower you to give the gift of yoga to the next generation of amazing light beings.
The Training Schedule:
- 8am to 9:30am – Yoga class
- 9:30 to 10:30 – Breakfast
- 10:30am to 12pm – Exploring through Practice
- 12 Noon to 2pm – silent lunch with reflections
- 2pm to 6pm: lectures and teachings
- Certification in a 200hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Or equivalent of 6 months experience teaching yoga.
- Or a yogin with a minimum regular 1 year of self practice.
- Have a patient & compassionate nature
- Possess a desire and passion to enrich the lives of children through yoga practice and play.
- Parents, schools teachers and Kids couselors with one of the requirements above are welcome.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of playfulness
- Developing teachers play skills
- How to identify and encourage the Multiple Intelligences
- Features of the development of learning – 2 to 15 years
- Applying yoga for kids in yoga studios
- Applying yoga for kids for extra class program
- Asanas: balance, creativity and fun games
- Pranayama: breathing awareness with images
- Dharana: concentration exercises
- Yoga nidra: visualisation techniques for body and mind relaxation
- Yoga philosophy: Yamas and Nyamas
- Chakras: perception, mantras and healing
- Methodology: self knowledge, self expression and embodyment of understanding playfulness from the experiences, developing teachers profile play skill.
- Anatomy and Physiology for kids
- Partner and Acro yoga for kids and parents
- The Busines of appling yoga in education, yoga studios, and community classes.
On completion of this training you will recieve a 95 Hour Yoga Alliance Certification from Yogaswakids Includes:
- 87 contact hours within the 10 days
- 8 hours of applied teaching in community classes
* The training will be held in portuguese with simultaneously english translation
Your Course Tuition includes:
- 95 hours of training
- Training manual & CD
- Breakfast, lunch & Dinner
Castelar da Alvorada
This is a place of great beauty, where nature is still pure and preserved, right in the heart of the Chapada Diamantina region. As part of a broad innovative proposition, Castelar da Alvorada provides its guests with the opportunity to partake in the paths of self-knowledge. It is a tranquil environment, perfect for rest and relaxation.
The food is dairy-vegetarian, prepared with local organic produce, most of which is grown in our own property with love and care, including some dishes from the traditional Bahia cuisine.
Each little corner of Alvorada, as well as each meal and activity, is tended to with great care and attention, creating a harmonious and re-energizing environment that aims to provide the greatest satisfaction of our guests.
ENROLLMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Early Yogin Registration, January 15, 2013 — Save R$150
- Deposit R$ 500
- We keep 25% cancellation fee if cancelled by January 15, 2013
- No refunds for cancellations after January 30, 2013
- 4% Paypal transaction fee will be added on your remaining payment
Undergraduate Education and Graduate Clinical Psychology with training Psicocorporal Integration Therapy with an emphasis on analysis and Reichian Bioenergetic, Yoga Education
Yoga and Ayurvedic Massage Therapy .
5 years in body therapies and more than 12 years in education, she worked as teacher of early childhood education and educational coordinator of basic education and vocational schools, universities and leading organizations in Salvador, Bahia.
Advisor Education Project “I Have A Dream” Program – Friends of Brazil developed in partnership with the Colege of Science and Technology.
Member of Brazil RYE (Research on Yoga in Education) Facilitator of yoga for kids and Teacher Training Yoga for Children and Adolescents in India, Indonesia and Brazil, developed in partnership with Center for Human Development YogaSwaha, Yoga Alliance and leading international schools like Green School (Bali / Indonesia). Coordinator and facilitator of yoga social project for children and adolescents – YOGANDO IS IN THE STREET. Was several times in India to participate in practices that helped in improving their psycho-spiritual development and professional development of techniques that have been developing projects in vocational training and qualifications. Managing Director and Technical Advisor of YOGANDO Consulting Ltda.
Beta has a master’s degree in Health and Wellness from Salem State College in Brazil, with BS in Physical Education. As part of her degree program, she coached kids in sports, and found her passion teaching them yoga. She is a certified practitioner of the internationally renowned institution, Yoga Kids® (USA) with certifications in Power yoga from the Soft and Hard Institute in New York. Since 1993 she has traveled the world, studying with renowned master teachers. With extensive experience teaching children in public and private schools in Brazil, and the United States, Beta is a gifted teacher with much to offer children and teachers everywhere. Now she lives in Bali teaching yoga to adults and children.
This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil)