Beta lisboa & Guest Teachers
At Green School, Bali, Indonesia
29th March – 9th April, 2014
This Yoga Alliance registered training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogin parents to skilfully teach children of all ages. Based on the “Multiple Intelligences” theory of Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori’s, “Learning by Doing”, you will experience the multiple unique ways that a child can learn in a fun and playful way.
You will understand the use of props, storytelling, music, art and age-appropriate themes. You will learn how to teach with confidence and creativity while cultivating patience and acceptance needed to support a fair and non-competitive environment. The teaching skills you learn throughout the course of the training are specific to teaching yoga to children and teenagers, they are tried and tested methods that will empower you to give the gift of yoga to the next generation of amazing light beings.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of playfulness and creativity
- How to use yoga to enhance your current educational program
- Meeting your own inner child and bringing him/her to life
- Deepening your understanding of children’s chakra developmental stages
- Supporting children’s learning through movement and art
- Developing teachers play skills
- How to identify and encourage the Multiple Intelligences
- Features of the development of learning – 2 to 15 years
- Applying yoga for kids in yoga studios
- Applying yoga for kids for extra class program
- Asanas: balance, creativity and fun games
- Pranayama: breathing awareness with images
- Dharana: concentration exercises
- Yoga nidra: visualisation techniques for body and mind relaxation
- Yoga philosophy: Yamas and Nyamas
- Chakras: perception, mantras and healing
- Methodology: self knowledge, self expression and embodiment of understanding playfulness from the experiences, developing teachers profile play skill.
- Partner and Acro yoga for kids and parents
- The Business of applying yoga in education, yoga studios, and community classes.
- Yoga philosophy – Eight limbs of Patanjali applied to children
- Mandalas meditation
- Teaching yoga through storytelling
- Experience teaching yoga for Balinese kids and teens
“You cannot transmit wisdom and insight to another person. The seed is already there. A good teacher touches the seed, allowing it to wake up, to sprout, and to grow.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh
- Either a certification in a 200hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Or equivalent of 6 months experience teaching yoga
- Or a yogin with a minimum regular 1 year of self practice
- Have a patient & compassionate nature
- Posses a desire and passion to enrich the lives of children through yoga practice and play
- Parents, schools teachers and Kids counselors with one of the requirements above are welcome
On completion of this training you will receive a
- 95 hours Yoga Alliance certification
• 7am to 8:30am: Yoga class
• 10am to 1pm: Exploring through Practice
• 1pm to 2pm: Silent lunch with reflections
• 3pm to 6pm: Lectures
Bali is called the Island of the Gods. A beautiful island where your wisdom, insight, creativity, playful inner child, and mindful attention expands and nourishes your heart and soul. A delicious environment to spend 12 days immersing yourself into the art of teaching children yoga.
Experience Green School
You couldn’t ask for a better location for the training: the beautiful teak and bamboo yoga studio perched high above the Ayung River at Green School Bali, an international school that has received worldwide attention and acclaim for its efforts to interweave environmental sustainability with a student-centered curriculum design to nurture and cultivate all of a child’s human capacities, all on one of the most beautiful and inspiring campuses on the planet. Green School is expanding the vision of what a school can be in ways that are as vibrant as they are vital.
You will stay at the Green Camp which operates in the Green School’s stunning campus, spread over 9 hectares spanning Bali’s Ayung River. Here, you will stay at the yurts – they are traditional structures with thatched roofs and bamboo bunkbeds. They sleep up to 4 people and come equipped with ceiling fans and security cabinets. They’re definitely not spa accommodation but they are comfortable. The toilets are ecological and the outdoor showers are shared by 2 yurts.
Course tuition for 95 hours: $2,200 USD
Early Yogin Registration, 1st of February 2014 — Save $200
* Transfers are made to an Indonesian bank account or via PayPal.
*You are responsible for BOTH the local and international bank transfer fees and the total amount of the tuition fee. *PayPal will charge for the transfer, which may not be immediate.
*Please email : email@example.com for payment account details.
• 25% cancellation fee if cancelled by February 1st, 2014
• No refunds for cancellations after February 1st, 2014
Your course tuition includes
• 95 hours of training
• Training manual
• Transportation from Ubud to Green school and back
• Daily healthy breakfast, lunch & dinner (vegetarian and vegan options available)
• Accommodation at the Green Camp for 10 days
• Two days of practice teaching at Green school www.greenschool.org
• One day of learning about permaculture and gardening with kids at the Green Camp
• Art materials, a notebook and pens
Your course tuition does not include
• All transfer fees from banks or PayPal (Please note that there may be an initial transfer fee of about $15-$45 from banks AND sometimes there’s an intermediary bank that charges for the transfer. Please make sure that you are responsible for BOTH the local and international transfers and the net amount of the tuition fee is received on our end. PayPal will also charge for the transfer, which may not be immediately obvious. Should we not receive the full amount on our end, you are to top up the balance in cash on the day of the training).
• Flights and transfers to or from the airport
Testimonials from the last training: