With Beta Lisboa and guest teachers
“You cannot transmit wisdom and insight to another person. The seed is already there. A good teacher touches the seed, allowing it to wake up, to sprout, and to grow.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
August 11th – 22nd, 2013
Green School, Bali, Indonésia
The 95 hours, Yoga Alliance registered training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogin parents to skillfully teach children from aged 2 to 15 years old. Based in the Multiple Intelligences theory of Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori, learning by doing, you will experience the multiple unique ways that a child can learn in a fun and playful way. You will learn to uses props, storytelling, music, art and age-appropriate themes. You will learn how to teach with confidence and creativity while cultivating patience and acceptance needed to support a fair and non-competitive environment. The teaching skills you learn throughout the course of the training are specific to teaching yoga to children and teenagers, they are tried and tested methods that will empower you to give the gift of yoga to the next generation of amazing light beings.
• Certification in a 200hour Yoga Teacher Training
• Or equivalent of 6 months experience teaching yoga.
• Or a yogin with a minimum regular 1 year of self practice.
• Have a patient & compassionate nature
• Posses a desire and passion to enrich the lives of children through yoga practice and play.
• Parents, schools teachers and Kids counselors with one of the requirements above are welcome.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
• Understanding of playfulness
• Developing teachers play skills
• How to identify and encourage the Multiple Intelligences
• Features of the development of learning – 2 to 15 years
• Applying yoga for kids in yoga studios
• Applying yoga for kids for extra class program
• Asanas: balance, creativity and fun games
• Pranayama: breathing awareness with images
• Dharana: concentration exercises
• Yoga nidra: visualisation techniques for body and mind relaxation
• Yoga philosophy: Yamas and Nyamas
• Chakras: perception, mantras and healing
• Methodology: self knowledge, self expression and embodyment of understanding playfulness from the experiences, developing teachers profile play skill.
• Anatomy and Physiology for kids
• Partner and Acro yoga for kids and parents
• The Busines of applying yoga in education, yoga studios, and community classes.
On completion of this training you will receive a 95 Hour Yoga Alliance Certification from Yogaswakids that Includes:
• 87 contact hours within the 11 days
• 8 hours of applied teaching in community classes
• 7m to 9pm: yoga & meditation practice
• 10am to 1pm: Exploring through Practice
• 1pm to 2pm: silent lunch with reflections
• 3pm to 6pm: lectures
• 6th Day is a Free Day
Bali is called the Island of the Gods. A beautiful island where your wisdom, insight, creativity, playful inner child, and mindful attention expands and nourishes your heart and soul. A delicious environment to spend 12 days immersing yourself into the art of teaching children yoga.
The Teacher Training will take place at Green School
You couldn’t ask for a better location for the training: the beautiful teak and bamboo yoga studio perched high above the Ayung River at Green School Bali, an international school that has received worldwide attention and acclaim for its efforts to interweave environmental sustainability with a student-centered curriculum design to nurture and cultivate all of a child’s human capacities, all on one of the most beautiful and inspiring campuses on the planet. Green School is expanding the vision of what a school can be in ways that are as vibrant as they are vital.
You will stay at the Green Camp
Green Camp operates in Green School’s stunning campus, spread over 9 hectares spanning Bali’s Ayung River.
You will stay at the yurts.
The yurts themselves are traditional structures with thatched roofs and bamboo bunkbeds. They sleep up to 4 people and come equipped with ceiling fans and security cabinets. They’re definitely not spa accommodation but they are comfortable. The toilets are composting and the outdoor showers are shared by 2 yurts
Your Course Tuition $2200 includes:
• 95 hours of training
• Training manual
• Daily healthy breakfast, lunch & dinner
• Accommodation at the Green Camp – www.greencampbali.com
• Two days of practice teaching at Green school (www.greenschool.org) and at Bali Global foundation (www.baliheritagevillage.com/bali-foundation/volunteering)
• One day of permaculture and gardening with kids at the Green Camp
• One trip to the water temple
• Transportation from Ubud to Green Camp
• Art materials, a notebook and pens
Testimonials from the last training:
Your Course Tuition does not include:
• All transfer fees from banks or PayPal (Please note that there may be an initial transfer fee of about $15-$45 from banks AND sometimes theres an intermediary bank that charges for the transfer. Please make sure that you are responsible for BOTH the local and international transfers and the net amount of the tuition fee is received on our end. PayPal will also charge for the transfer, which may not be immediately obvious. Should we not receive the full amount on our end, you are to top up the balance in cash on the day of the training).
• Flights and transfers to or from the airport
Transfers are made to an Indonesian bank account or via PayPal, Please contact us to request account information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Yogin Registration, June 15th, 2013 — Save $150 USD
• 25% cancellation fee if cancelled by July 10th, 2013
• No refunds for cancellations after July 10th, 2013
This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil)